Super Bowl Road Closures Will Impact Midtown, Downtown
Road closures will begin Monday, Jan. 21, and will continue and expand all the way through Game Day.
ATLANTA, GA — Midtown and downtown thoroughfares will be hardest hit when the city begins closing roads ahead of Super Bowl LIII at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta on Feb. 3, 2019. Some roads will be closed beginning Monday, Jan. 21, and some will be closed for several days after the game, through Friday, Feb. 8.
Here are the venues and the roads scheduled to be closed:
Super Bowl Campus
Starting Monday, January 21 through Friday, February 8
- Baker St. NW will be closed between Centennial Olympic Park Dr. NW and Luckie St. NW.
- Starting Monday, January 21 through Thursday, February 7
- Mitchell St. SW will be closed between MLK Jr. Dr. SW (South) to Elliot St SW.
- Mangum St. will be closed between Markham St to Foundry St.
- MLK Jr. Dr. SW (South) will be closed between Northside Dr. NW to Centennial Olympic Park Dr NW
Starting Wednesday, January 23 through Thursday, February 7
- Andrew Young International Blvd. NW will be closed between Marietta St. NW and Centennial Olympic Park Dr. NW.
Starting at 1 AM on Friday, February 1 through 5 PM on Sunday, February 3
- Peachtree St. between Ponce De Leon Avenue and 3rd Street
- There will be a full closure of Ponce De Leon Avenue and 3rd Street between West Peachtree and Peachtree.
Super Bowl LIII: Game Day Closures
Starting the Evening of Saturday, February 2 through morning of Monday, February 4
- Northside Dr. NW will be closed between Ivan Allen Jr. Blvd NW and MLK Jr. Dr. SW (South)
Story provided by: Super Bowl Road Closures Will Impact Midtown, Downton. Tim Darnell https://patch.com/georgia/midtown/super-bowl-road-closures-will-impact-midtown-downtown